Terms & Conditions
- "We", "Our", or "Us" refers to the website located at https://loansplus.co.za.
- "Site" refers to the website located at https://loansplus.co.za.
- "You", "Your", or "User" "refers to any person who uses or accesses the Site or Services.
- “the Company” refers to a South African Proprietary Limited company with a registered address in the Western Cape, South Africa.
- "Service" or "Services" refers to any service provided by LoansPlus.co.za through the Site, including but not limited to the directory of lenders, online calculator, and user reviews.
- "Directory" refers to the online directory of lenders and financial products/services provided by LoansPlus.co.za.
- "Content" refers to any information, text, graphics, or other materials available on the Site or Services.
- "Intellectual Property" refers to any patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights.
- "Inappropriate Content" refers to any Content that is harmful, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate.
- "Third-Party Content" refers to any Content that is provided by a third party, including but not limited to lender and financial institution information and user reviews.
- "Affiliated Sites" refers to any third-party websites that are linked to or from the Site.
- “User Content" refers to any Content that is submitted by a User, including but not limited to user reviews.
- "Personal Information" refers to any information that can be used to identify an individual, including but not limited to name, address, phone number, and email address.
- "Modification and Suspension of Services" refers to the right of LoansPlus.co.za to modify or suspend any Services provided through the Site.
- "Infringing Content" refers to any Content that infringes upon the Intellectual Property rights of others.
- "Indemnify" refers to the obligation of the User to hold LoansPlus.co.za harmless from any claims or damages arising out of their use of the Site or Services.
- "Copyright" refers to any original work of authorship that is protected under South African copyright law.
- "Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws" refers to the obligation of the User to comply with all applicable laws related to Intellectual Property rights.
- "Copyright Infringement" refers to the act of reproducing, distributing, or displaying copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner.
1. BINDING EFFECT
4. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. Any dispute arising out of or related to the use of the Site shall be exclusively brought before the courts of South Africa, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
5. LOCATION RESTRICTION
The Site is controlled and operated by the Company from its offices in the Western Cape, South Africa. The domain of the website is registered in South Africa and the Site is hosted in South Africa. The materials and services provided on the Site are intended for individuals located in South Africa only. The company makes no representation that any of the materials or services on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of South Africa. By accessing or using the Site from outside of South Africa, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
6. NO LICENSE
7. PROHIBITED USES
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service.
In addition, you may not use the Site or Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, and you agree to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to your use of the Site and Service. You shall not engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site or Service, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or Service or any associated system, network, or equipment.
Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
8. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Where we provide hypertext links to third-party internet websites, such links are not an endorsement by us of any products or services in such websites and we have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites. You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use, or availability of such websites.
This Site may also contain material provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of such material.
You are not permitted to link any other website to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent and where we do provide consent, subject to any conditions that we may impose.
9. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
The website may link to other websites with information or content from other parties. Although we try to only link to trustworthy parties or systems we are not responsible for any of this other information. If we provide a link to any other information, website, person, or business, it does not mean that we have checked or approve of them.
We do not give any warranty about any other website, software or hardware, including their security or performance. You waive (give up) any claim you may have against us for any loss or damage you may suffer because you connect to any other website.
10. AFFILIATED SITES
11. MODIFICATION AND SUSPENSION OF SERVICES
We may modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of it, without notice. You acknowledge and accept that the Site or any part of it may not be available at all times. The company will not be held responsible or liable for any damages, losses, or expenses incurred as a result of the modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the site or any part of it.
We may change, suspend or close the website temporarily or permanently without giving notice. We may also limit certain services, features or functions, and we may restrict access to all or parts of any service on the website. The company will not be held responsible or liable for any damages, losses, or expenses incurred as a result of the change, suspension, or closure of the website, or the limitation or restriction of any services, features, or functions.
12. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF USE
You agree to cooperate fully with us in any investigation and to provide us with any information or materials we may request in connection therewith. We may disclose any information or materials provided by you or obtained during our investigation to any third party, including law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, or other relevant parties, if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to do so.
13. USER CONTENT
You grant the Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that the Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
14. USER REVIEWS
15. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
You agree not to make any Content available on the Site that:
- is defamatory, libelous, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise offensive;
- promotes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- infringes any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- contains any viruses, malware, or other harmful components; or
- is a solicitation for goods or services, or advertising or promotion of any kind.
While we have taken reasonable measures to ensure that the Content is accurate, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the website and services are provided on an 'as is' basis and you expressly understand and agree that your use of the website and services is entirely at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all representations and warranties (whether express, implied, arising under statute or otherwise) including any warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of title or any third-party rights.
17. DISCLAIMER OF FINANCIAL ADVICE
The content on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment, legal, tax, or other professional advice. Any decision you make based on information on this site is at your own risk. Before making any investment or other decision, you should seek professional advice from a licensed financial advisor.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, ideas, or services of the third-party lenders and sites we refer to. We do not provide any representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness or availability of any information provided on this site. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
The information contained on this Site is for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the Site or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Site.
18. ONLINE CALCULATOR
The Site provides an online calculator for your convenience, which should only be used to calculate approximate repayment amounts. The use of this calculator does not guarantee approval of finance, nor does it guarantee that the approved finance will be at the value, rate, and term requested. All calculations made on the calculator, together with rates quoted, are guidelines only and are subject to confirmation at the time of finalising any transactions.
The figures generated by the calculator will not be binding on the lender of your choice, as the Site has no control over the information and variables entered by you. You understand that the use of this calculator and all information and services provided here are provided "as is" and that the information provided here should not be treated as professional advice of any kind.
By using the online calculator, you agree to indemnify the Site against any loss or liability, of whatsoever nature that may be caused or brought about, directly or indirectly, which you may suffer as a result of the use of any calculator. The information provided here does not constitute a quote, and it is not binding in any way. You acknowledge that you have read and understood this clause before using the online calculator.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data) which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, the website and services; or your inability to use the website and services, and/or unlawful activity on the website and services, or any linked third-party website. You hereby indemnify us against any loss, claim or damages which may be suffered by you or any third party arising in any way from your use of, or reliance on, this website and services, or any linked third-party website. Our liability to you is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. In no event shall we be liable for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits,
or lost data, regardless of the foreseeability of those damages) arising out of or in connection with your use of the website or any other materials or services provided to you by us. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
All content on this Site is protected by copyright laws in South Africa and internationally. The Company retains all rights to the intellectual property on the Site, including but not limited to all text, graphics, logos, images, and software. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited, except as allowed by fair use or other applicable laws.
You may view, download and print materials from the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and proprietary notices. Any other use of the Site's content, including but not limited to reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication or display for any other purposes, without the prior written permission of the Company, is strictly prohibited.
All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by the Company.
22. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS
When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others as provided by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property as provided by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights as provided by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third-party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third-party rights rests solely with you.
23. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
The Company takes copyright infringement seriously and has procedures in place to handle allegations of such infringement on the Site or with the Service, in accordance with South African copyright laws.
If you believe that your copyright has been infringed upon while using the Site or Service, please contact us and provide the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- Identification of the material on the Site or Service that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the Site or Service;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement, we will promptly investigate the claim and, if deemed valid, remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. We retain our right to counter-notification, which may involve a court proceeding to determine the validity of the copyright claim.
Please note that any false or misleading statements made in connection with a claim of copyright infringement may result in liability for damages incurred as a result of the removal or disabling of the infringing material.
- Age Requirement: The site is intended for users who are 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, you should not use this site.
- Severability: Each provision contained in these Terms shall be severable from any other provision, and if any part of any provision shall be found to be invalid, illegal or void for any reason, then such finding shall not affect any other part of such provision or any other provision contained in the Terms which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Monitoring: We reserve the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic into and out of our domains for the purposes of security, ensuring compliance with these Terms and detecting fraud and other crimes.
- Assignment: You may not assign these Terms or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent, and any attempted assignment without such consent will be null and void. We may assign these Terms or any of our rights or obligations hereunder without your prior written consent.
- Headings: The section headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries: These Terms are for the benefit of you and the Company, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Force Majeure: We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and the Company with respect to the use of the Site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and the Company with respect to the Site.